Wednesday, August 6, 2008

No place like home..

After my first paper is actually the official holidays that we will be savoring though it's just a week! Who wouldn't, anyway? So, yeahh..when all the girls are going home, we're watching them leaving (as usual!). To tell you, we're really immune to people passing by and merrily leaving the miserable Nilai. Well, it's a sad, sad story indeed that we've got no where to go but Gombak (the main campus)as our sanctuary in this whole stranger's world.

But, naah! Enough of the drama. It's enough that even though I'm in a different country, I still got the hold on to my ever supportive country mates who gave me the comfort only a home can offer. After all, there's no place like home, right? That's why even though we hate it when our mom keeps on asking us "where are you going?", whenever we wanna hang-out with your gals with the memorized answer: "at school and I'll be back before late", we still miss it. And even though how annoyed you are when your little sister put the channel to Barney or Hanna Montana (I'm personally get this one!) while your watching your favorite drama series, you will still be missing those times and wish that you would've just let her watch that stupid show, instead of throwing toy crackers on her face!

It's funny how things come like this dramatic to me. I mean, I'm no so sweet when it comes to dealing with my little sister, let me tell you. I'm actually closer to my friends at school than to my own sister and that explains the huge gap between us since primary school. We're 4 years apart. She's boyish and I'm on the "pinky side" of femininity. We went to different schools and we used to like the same guy when I was in my 10Th Grade. Awkward much? I know. There's nothing more awkward than having your lil sis falling for the same guy you like. But the thing is, the guy liked me when I finally lost my interest on him. And the drama began. My sis likes him more and more, at the same time, he was already courting me! Argh. I don't wanna break my sis' heart so I prefer not to tell her coz I know I'll turn the guy down sooner or later. But the surprising part is when she found out about it, she gave the way and told me to give him a chance. Aww..then I realized how selfish am I to keep such a secret when never knew that she's dying at the other end! But like I said, I turned the guy down and I felt better.

Since then we got closer unlike before. We share everything we have, shoes, clothes, money, you name it! And before I left for Malaysia, we both had a great time shopping for the stuffs I'll be carrying along the way. I really miss my sister. My only sister. And I keep on telling my self when I get back the first I'll do is to take her out to--what a girl wants--shopping! haha..

It's not easy to be away form home especially if your not used to it. It wasn't that hard for at first coz I'm really used to be away from home and my parents are out for work. But being gone from their sight for almost a year now (and your damn young), it's a challenge I never knew I have to struggle from.

No comments: